HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [Pack] Unofficial High Definition 2 Pack  (Read 33469 times)

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
  • De-Headcrabbing Factory
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
[Pack] Unofficial High Definition 2 Pack
« on: October 01, 2006, 09:35:30 PM »

After a decent amount of secretive plotting and scheming, I'm proud to announce the Unofficial High Definition 2 pack. What is the HD2 pack, you say? It is a replacement pack for Half-Life, Opposing Force, and Blue Shift for use in Steam, comprised of significantly enhanced models made by some of the most talented authors in the Half-Life community. However, the pack simply doesn't include improved models, as I intend several other bonus enhancements for the games, such as menu music, high quality music for all three games (128kps compared to Steam's original 48kps), the proper Opposing Force soundtrack (Never included in Steam), Opposing Force CTF (An entire game mode not included in Steam!), and possibly much more.

This thread will keep a detailed list of all models that will be included and any edits made to them. In the future (The not too distance future, incidentally), I hope to also have a site created, a Moddb entry, and maybe even make a video trailer just to waste some time.

If you just want to see the models, skip the following fake FAQ and go to my next post.

Q: Hey, I've already downloaded the best models from HIT! Why should I need your stupid noob model pack?
A: The HD2 pack is not aimed at those already quite familiar with, or are even making their own, improved Half-Life models. I am intending this pack for people who are new to the whole scene. Although HIT is easily the best resource available in regard to improved Half-Life models, it is an especially daunting task to sort through everything when you're entirely new to it. Although someone may want to find and use every single improved model in existence, it's very simple to browse over things like the PS2 tree.mdl, or Besli's sentry.mdl. Therefore, I would consider this a starter pack. It gives the user a basic (but certainly high quality) beginning point, supplying them with a tested, compatible, and working replacement for nearly every Half-Life model (In some model's cases, only one is available). From here, the user can than browse at their leisure for whatever other models they may want to use instead.

Also, the models that will be in the HD2 pack will be checked throroughly for any errors or bugs. There will be no cross-eyed people, no sliding animations, no texture misalignments, no smoothing errors, etc. These are all very common symptoms of supposedly "improved" models that you may have noticed in the past.

Also also, while many of the models being included are widely available right now, this pack may still be of some considerable interest to those who have already downloaded many improved Half-Life models as it will be including some "exclusive" models, not available anywhere else. ;)

Oh, and as mentioned before, the HD2 pack does not simply consist of model improvements, as it also includes menu music, high quality music for all three games, the proper Opposing Force soundtrack, Opposing Force CTF, and so on.

Q: Your pack is useless! I could download a bunch of models and shove them into a zip file too!
A: That's not a question, but I am not simply taking every model I find and including them in this pack. I am following the "Two C's and a Q" method for every model I consider in using: Compatibility, Consistency, and Quality. First, the model has to actually work as a replacement (You'd be surprised if you knew how many models I've downloaded claiming to be a Half-Life replacement, only finding out later upon inspection that they're actually for Opposing Force/a mod/not useable at all). Next, the model should have some sort of consistent look with the rest of the models and the Half-Life graphics style itself (Photo-realistic textures taken from a Google search might look nice, but such textures are horribly out of place in Half-Life. I'm trying to keep the models in the spirit of the original Half-Life, not trying to make the game look like Half-Life 2). Thirdly, and most importantly, the model has gotta be good (Resizing all textures to 512x512 and running filters over all of them does not equal an improved model). "Quality" also entails a realistic level of optimization when compared to the overall improvement of the model (Or, in other words, no waste). Although someone could turbosmooth a model several times, thus subtely eliminating any jagged edges, it does not justify a 50,000 polycount. On a similar note, an 8,000 poly model of something like the shell.mdl would be considered highly wasteful and therefore not eligible for this pack.

Q: What about the weapons?
A: Okay, while you probably won't notice this until you scroll down further, I wanted to make my stance on the weapons clear ahead of time. Half-Life is not Counter-Strike. There doesn't have to be a crapload of fancy accessories attached to all the weapons and we don't need a bunch of new animations. Most significantly, we don't have to make these weapons look real. Their real life counterparts look nothing like their Half-Life incarnation, so in keeping with the Half-Life spirit, I'm going to choose "visual appeal" over "absolute realism". In relation to the "consistency" rule above, it does not make sense for the pistol to be made of six 512x512 texture maps, while something like the guass gun is made up of one 256x256 texture. It's wasteful for the p_ and w_ models to have just as many polys as the v_ model. And it's a really big headache for me just thinking about trying to hack some of these weapon models onto the human grunts and barneys and so on. Plus, I'm simply not going to have to go through the dozens and dozens of replacements that may exist for one weapon trying to determine which one, out of all of them, should be used. Therefore, as opposed to the new from scratch stuff you see for CS and whatnot, most of the weapon models being used in the HD2 pack will be the regular HD models with improvements. Any exceptions are listed below.

Q: Use the MP5!
A: As I'm calling this the Unofficial "High Definition" 2 Pack, I'm going to stay within the confines of the style that Gearbox set with the original HD Pack. This means the M4 over the MP5, the Beretta over the Glock, etc. However, I will be changing a few of the more questionable changes that I believe Gearbox made (Such as the orange and red hivehand, which seems very out of place in the mostly purple/blue Xen).

Q: How can I help?
A: The main concern I have right now is collecting all of the credits for each model. As there will be literally hundreds of models in this pack, I could best be helped by being given the credits to the models where I do not have this information (Read the list below for where I'm missing author names). Also, I am taking model suggestions/donations/whatever, but I am being very selective with what models I will to include in this pack in order to keep it of the highest quality possible. Please do not be offended if I choose not to include what you may recommend. My belief is that it is better to leave a model looking ld than to have a mediocre-looking hd model.

Half-Life HD2 Changelog
General stuff
- Menu music, based on the high quality PS2 menu music mp3 from Ben Houge's site. Also edited to have a seamless loop.
- High quality 128kps mp3 music, as compared to Steam's original 48kps mp3 music.
- autoexec.cfg included that automatically executes a few commands that will improve image quality. The commands are as follows:
  • gl_max_size "512"
  • gl_round_down "0"
  • gl_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
  • mp_decals 4096

Opposing Force HD2 Changelog
General stuff
- Menu music, loop based on one of the OpFor mp3's.
- High quality 128kps mp3 music, as compared to Steam's original 48kps mp3 music.
- The actual Opposing Force soundtrack.
- Opposing Force CTF, a whole game mode never included in Steam.
- autoexec.cfg included that automatically executes a few commands that will improve image quality. The commands are as follows:
  • gl_max_size "512"
  • gl_round_down "0"
  • mp_decals 4096

Blue Shift HD2 Changelog
General stuff
- High quality 128kps mp3 music, as compared to Steam's original 48kps mp3 music. Note: the proper music that's supposed to be used in Blue Shift is the original Half-Life soundtrack, not the Opposing Force soundtrack.
  • gl_max_size "512"
  • gl_round_down "0"
  • mp_decals 4096
Todo
- Menu music

The next two posts contain the model changelogs (and pictures!) for all three games.

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
Re: [Pack] Unofficial High Definition 2 Pack
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 09:35:46 PM »

This is NOT a double post. I have reached the 20,000 maximum character limit, so I'm splitting my post into three parts.

Note: If a model is not listed below, than it is currently not being planned to be replaced or edited.

agrunt.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Alien Grunt (Preview)
Edits
- Replaced high definition pack texture with skin much more true to the actual PS2 model. (Picture)
Planned/Possible Changes
- Replace hornet gun skin with purple version that matches the player weapon.
Comments
- For some reason, AI used the high definition agrunt skin on his model, which looked like a heavily over-saturated orange. I have no idea why AI did this, as the real PS2 alien grunt texture is far more in tone with the original ld alien grunt.

apache.mdl - Romka's Apache (Preview)
Edits
- Reskin of rockets to yellowish thing and the machine gun to black, like the original ld model. (Don't know if I'll keep this. I was just messing around with the skin.)

barnacle.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Barnacle (Preview)
Edits
- Changed rosey red tongue to the same gray color of the ld model. (Picture)
Comments
- The red tongue thing came from the original PS2 model. I imagine this was done to make them more visible on television screens, but on nice crisp high-resolution pc monitors, this is unecessary. Plus, making them more visible ruins their surprise.

barney.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Barney (Preview)
Edits
- Replaced PS2 "jogging" run animation with the hd run animation.
Comments
- The PS2 Barney used a very slow jog for Barney's run animation for some unexplained reason. The great reduction in moving speed can cause problems with mods and custom maps, so the hd run animation, which was based on the original ld run animation, is used.

bullsquid.mdl - Gearbox Dreamcast Model with my LD-Style Reskin (Preview)
Edits
- In keeping with the Gearbox's high definition style, I replaced the ld eye texture with the hd eye texture.

can.mdl - Gearbox Dreamcast Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Restore original brands
Comments
- The Dreamcast can.mdl is slightly higher poly and has a higher resolution textures than the ld model, but I'm not too fond of the original soda brands being replaced (Glub owns all).

chumtoad.mdl - ?
Comments
- Someone made an improved Chumtoad model (I think) using the Eye or Sauron for the eye texture, but I can't find the credits anywhere.

crossbow_bolt.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

floater.mdl - Gearbox Dreamcast Model
Edits
- Higher-resolution texture taken from the HL1 SDK.
Comments
- For some reason, Gearbox improved this model for the DC version of Half-Life, despite never being used in either the original Half-Life or the DC version. Oh well, our gain, I suppose.

garg.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Garg with Wonrz's Reskin (Preview)
Edits
- Retouched the colors in Wonrz's reskin to more closely match the ld model (Less over-saturated, less flat). (Picture)
Comments
- This is based on the 512x512 texture map Wonrz first released, not the 1024x1024-split-into-four-maps thing that was released later. I may go for the upgrade, but due to HL1's 256 color palette per texture, high-resolution doesn't necessarily mean a better looking skin.

gasbag.mdl - Gearbox Dreamcast Model
Edits
- High-res textures from the Half-Life xeno.wad.
Comments
- I know this gasbag isn't an exact replica of the original ld model, but I doubt this will have any significant effect on the two maps that actually use this model.

gman.mdl - Gearbox PS2 Model with my LD-Style Reskin (Preview)
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give him the ld walk animation.
Comments
- Gearbox's original PS2 G-Man model is actually based quite heavily on the original ld model. No wacky striped or purple ties here.
Credits
- Liquidator, MaserJoe, Besli, fat_al - HL2 Lookalike Gman model

grenade.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

hair.mdl - Gearbox PS2 Model

hassassin.mdl - Romka's Female Assassin with NVG (Preview)
Edits
- Reskin to remove exposed fingers and brown boot straps.
Planned/Possible Changes
- Reskin to remove comically large and out of place zipper? (May conflict with smoothing)

headcrab.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Headcrab (Preview)

hgrunt.mdl - Romka's Human Grunt (Preview)
Edits
- Gave them M4, improved mesh also by Romka
- Fixed super wide mouth controller problem
- Re-scaled model so they aren't so massively tall
- Removed unecessary/extra animations
- Removed unecessary/extra qc events in animations
Planned/Possible Changes
- Something, I'm sure

holo.mdl - Romka's Holo (Preview)

hornet.mdl - Improved model by ?
Comments
- I found an improved hornet model on this forum a long time ago that added a chrome eye to it, but I don't have the credits for this model. Any help, anyone?

houndeye.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model (Blue Shift version) (Preview)
Edits
- Slightly improved skin, nothing major.
Comments
- The Blue Shift version of the high definition houndeye is actually higher poly than the HL1 and OpFor HD versions. Also, it removes the ugly mouth bone that was added and caused problems with animations.

islave.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Alien Slave (Preview)

light.mdl - Gearbox Dreamcast Model (Preview)
Edits
- High-resolution texture.
Comments
- I am using the Dreamcast light.mdl because, although it's not as closely based on the original ld model, the animations are much nicer than both the original ld model and the PS2 model (Which were the same as the ld model, actually).

osprey.mdl - Romka's Osprey (Preview)
Edits
- Edited to actually work properly in Half-Life.

player.mdl - Romka's Gordon/HEV Player (Preview)

roach.mdl - Gearbox PS2 Model
Edits
- Gave ld-style skin.
Comments
- The roaches should be cute and orange, not black and grungy.

rpgrocket.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

sat_globe.mdl - Gearbox PS2 Model
Edits
- Removed the hitboxes. Normally, the sat_globe model bleeds in Half-Life. Hopefully removing the hitboxes will not cause any abnormal effects.

scientist.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Scientist (Preview)
Edits
- Fixed smoothing problem on Walter's teeth. (Picture)

scigun.mdl - Gearbox PS2 Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give it higher-res skin
- Add transparency for the holes in the stock
- Somehow hack Besli's improved shotgun in instead?
Comments
- I had no idea that the high definition pack never came with a scigun.mdl until now.

sentry.mdl - Besli's Enhanced PS2 Sentry (Preview)
Edits
- Slight recolor to make the green look more like the rest of the grunts' equipment.
Credits (Taken from original readme)
- original models and textures from HL PS2 by VALVe and Gearbox
- skin edit by Ambient Impact
- button mesh and skin Gearbox
- hackjob me (Besli)

shell.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

shotgunshell.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

tree.mdl - Gearbox PS2 Model (Preview)

turret.mdl - Toadie's? Turret
Comments
- I have an improved turret model that I believe was made by toadie, but unfortunately I made some changes to it that I would like to revert and I don't have the original model.

w_357ammo.mdl - Red Slug's 357 Ammobox
Edits
- Edited skin to more resemble Gearbox's hd skin (Picture)
- Bullet Model/Skin: Wannabe
- Ammobox model: Gearbox
- Ammo box skin: Red Slug, End Of Days

w_357ammobox.mdl - Same as above

w_9mmarclip.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

w_9mmclip.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

w_argrenade.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

w_battery.mdl - Red Slug's Battery v2.0 (Preview)
Edits
- Fiddled with skin slightly
- Slightly resized model for some reason
Planned/Possible Changes
- Remove the "glow" effect? Since it doesn't glow, it looks somewhat strange in dark areas.
- Model: Red Slug
- Skin: ValvE, Jstanf35, Red Slug

w_medkit.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Medkit
Edits
- Fixed red cross texture problem. (Picture)

w_rpgammo.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

w_shotbox.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model with skin parts from Red Slug
Edits
- Higher-res skin, based on Red Slug's shotbox model (Picture)
Comments
- I didn't use Red Slug's actual improved shotbox model because the shotgun shelles themselves were really frickin' huge! It looked kind of weird ingame to see the shotgun shells coming from my shotgun being only an eigth of the size of the massive monstrosities that were in the shotgun shell box. Red Slug's model was also, for some inexplicable reason, rotated to an incorrect angle, so the front of the box pointed in a different direction.

w_suit.mdl - Romka's Horror Poly HEV Suit (Preview)

w_weaponbox.mdl - Improved model by ? (Preview)
Comments
- I don't know who made this model as I came across it in a SvenCoop server (The one good thing that I was forced to download among about 300 wave files, incidentally). I'd really like to use it, but the absolute lack of any idea who made it is preventing me. Any help, anyone? If I can't find out who made this model, I guess I'll just have to use the improved Dreamcast weaponbox model.

zombie.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Zombie (Preview)
Edits
- Changed the chrome eye texture on the headcrab to match the headcrab model.

Gibs

agibs.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits
- Resized a few of the gib submodels so they aren't so freakishly small when compared to the rest of the gibs.

More to be considered at a later time.

Weapons

p_357.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

p_9mmar.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits
- Gave high-res v_ model skin.

p_9mmhandgun.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits
- Gave high-res v_ model skin. (Picture)

p_crossbow.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

p_crowbar.mdl - Quad's Crowbar

p_egon.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give it v_ model skin

p_gauss.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

p_grenade.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

p_hgun.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model with ld-style reskin
Planned/Possible Changes
- Actually make ld-style reskin
Comments
- The red/orange color combination on the hornet gun is, in my opinion, the most out of place change made by Gearbox. It simply doesn't fit with the cool blue and purple feeling of Xen. Therefore, this is my raitonale to deviating from the standard high definition pack style in this case. I'll be making something similar my old ld-style hornet gun reskin, but redone since my old one is pretty crap.

p_rpg.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give it v_ model skin

p_satchel.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give it v_ model skin

p_satchel_radio.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give it v_ model skin

p_shotgun.mdl - "SD Shotgun"
-Valve + Gearbox Software for original HD shotgun mesh, hand mesh and textures
- Quad5Ny for the updated shotgun meshs + the idea
- A.I for the updated hand meshs + textures
- Romka for the p + w model
- Besli for making it look like the original HD one (just better)

p_squeak.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits
- Added mouth to the model (Picture)
Credits
- Barneyinblue - hacking the mouth onto the model

p_tripmine.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

v_357.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits
- Added Ambient.Impact's HEV arms.

v_9mmar.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

v_9mmhandgun.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

v_crossbow.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

v_crowbar.mdl - Quad's Crowbar

v_egon.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

v_gauss.mdl - Besli's (?) Improved Guassgun
Comments
- I think it was Besli who made this, but this new guass gun model has origins much more liek the ld model (Way better than that nausiating "side of the screen" origin of the hd model) and the HEV hand that spins the little device thing during the fidgit animation was put back.

v_grenade.mdl - - Besli's (?) improved grenade
Comments
- I'm pretty sure Besli made this, but I still need the original credits.

v_hgun.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model with ld-style reskin
Planned/Possible Changes
Comments
- The red/orange color combination on the hornet gun is, in my opinion, the most out of place change made by Gearbox. It simply doesn't fit with the cool blue and purple feeling of Xen. Therefore, this is my raitonale to deviating from the standard high definition pack style in this case. I'll be making something similar my old ld-style hornet gun reskin, but redone since my old one is pretty crap.

v_rpg.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

v_satchel.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

v_satchel_radio.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

v_shotgun.mdl - "SD Shotgun"

v_squeak.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

v_tripmine.mdl - Ambient.Impact's Tripmine

w_357.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

w_9mmar.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

w_9mmhandgun.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

w_crossbow.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits

w_crowbar.mdl - Quad's Crowbar

w_egon.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give it v_ model skin

w_gauss.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

w_gaussammo.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

w_grenade.mdl - Besli's (?) improved grenade
Comments
- I'm pretty sure Besli made this, but I still need the original credits.

w_hgun.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model with ld-style reskin
Planned/Possible Changes
Comments

w_rpg.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give it v_ model skin

w_satchel.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Planned/Possible Changes
- Give it v_ model skin

w_shotgun.mdl - "SD Shotgun"

w_sqknest.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

w_squeak.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model
Edits
- Added mouth to the model (Picture)
Credits
- Barneyinblue - hacking the mouth onto the model
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:10:24 AM by Marphy Black »

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 09:35:53 PM »

This is NOT a triple post. I have reached the 20,000 maximum character limit, so I'm splitting my post into three parts.

Model changelog for Opposing Force coming soon...

Model changelog for Blue Shift coming soon...

Heckler Stev

• No releases for you!
  • Gargantua
  • Smod mod's personal customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 10:30:35 PM »

Looks very nice! Like all the models you've found, makes me kinda want to buy HL1.

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
  • Mr. Database! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 01:54:55 AM »

Chumtoad:
The hidef chumtoad was made by OoPpEe!!

Apache:
Please remake the rockets on the Apache from scratch,
because the rockets on the picture are UT rockets!

Barney:
Take a look there.

[File not found]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 02:04:58 AM by Besli »

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 03:01:08 AM »

Chumtoad:
The hidef chumtoad was made by OoPpEe!!
Alright, thank you.

Apache:
Please remake the rockets on the Apache from scratch,
because the rockets on the picture are UT rockets!
The credits in Romka's readme said that the author was unknown. However, I know these same rockets have been used in other apache models released in this very forum (Renard's, for one). The most I could do is hack on the old missles from the ld model, but those aren't so pretty. Maybe Epic won't notice because of my ultra yellowish reskin.  :whut:

Barney:
Take a look there.
Very nice. I'll get to work on including this Barney as soon as possible.

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 03:49:48 AM »

w_rpgammo.mdl - Gearbox High Definition Model

Why don't you use Red's?

Credits:
Original Model: Valve/Gearbox
Enhanced Model: Red Slug
Original Skin: Valve/Gearbox
Edited Skin: Red Slug
Enhanced Skin: Besli (I added the upper part from the DMC w_rpgammo.mdl)

[File not found]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 03:53:47 AM by Besli »

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 04:05:38 AM »

Why don't you use Red's?
I never knew that he had released such a model. Thank you, Besli, this is another great addition.

Incidentally, could you confirm to me if you are the author responsible for the improved w_ and v_grenade models and the v_guass model? I know I don't have pics of either up, but I'm sure you'd know if you have ever released these models before.

And if I didn't make it clear before, I will be constantly updating my above posts in this thread when changes occur.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:08:22 AM by Marphy Black »

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 04:35:00 AM »

Sure I can!

v_grenade.mdl:
I used the HL HD v_grenade model as the base, added the OP4 HD skin (256x256)
Ambient.Impact's arms and his enhanced/edited PS2 animations.
Credits:[/u]
Original models + textures: Valve/Gearbox
Enhanced HEV hand models + textures: Ambient.Impact
Enhanced/edited PS2 animations: Ambient Impact
Hackjob: Besli

w_grenade.mdl:
I used the v_grenade.mdl to create a HD/SD w_grenade.mdl and added the OP4 HD skin (256x256).
Credits:[/u]
Original models + textures: Valve/Gearbox
Hackjob: Besli

v_gauss:
I added the LD animations onto the HD Gauss, yes. But I didn't enhanced/edited the skin or model.
I converted Stone33's Gauss from HL:S to HL1, and I'm still working on some enhancements...

w_weaponbox:
Copied from the original readme:
------------------HD Weapon Box--------

Model by Valve
Skin updates + New parts by Jstanf35
Spelling error that I should of seen but didn't spotted by Ambient.Impact

This is an updated version of the ammunition box
that acompanies the dead HEV guys on Xen. I
modelled the clips + the 8 Sign, and I increased
the Resolution of the other skins + added and refined
text. Enjoy!
-James
-----------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 05:14:08 AM by Besli »

Toggi

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »

Wow that is exactly what I was looking for! Good job so far.
It seems like you want to complete the Half-Life part at first before starting with BS and OF...so will you wait with releasing the pack until you finished everything or will there be a first release with HL stuff only?
I'm asking this because I just need the Half-Life stuff atm and can't wait to play with your HD2 Pack  ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 06:06:10 PM by Toggi »

Frostbite

• Today I've molested a...
  • Gonarch
  • Can't shake this feeling.
    • View Profile
    • Frostbite
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 08:22:16 PM »

We need some skins from OP4 Redux like the barnicle but meh I'll replace it with my custom tweaked one anyways =) and good work! Also could you add a extra hgrunt and V/P/W_9mmar for a MP5 replacement since I rather like it more than the m4.

edit: Why aren't you using Sproily's(Sp?) Snark =(

gtaiiilc

• web comic addict
  • Retard
  • Alien Grunt
  • th3r3 is no such thing as e th3r3s only 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 08:31:07 PM »

demon_firefox

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 08:43:11 PM »

I you need...
http://uzumakinaruto.userhost.de/hlhd/
I made this some weeks ago for me but I didn't uploaded the large screens so just klick on the name to open the topic.

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »

Why aren't you using Sproily's(Sp?) Snark =(

Since it should be an "update" to the original Gearbox High Definition Pack, I think Marphy Black
would keep the content as close to the LD/HD content of Valve/Gearbox.
So I think H4wK's high resolution reskin will fit better in this pack, as a complete remade model...

[File not found]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 10:07:20 PM by Besli »

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 11:21:53 PM »

It seems like you want to complete the Half-Life part at first before starting with BS and OF...so will you wait with releasing the pack until you finished everything or will there be a first release with HL stuff only?
Most likely everything will be released at once. Incidentally, I've already started collecting models for Blue Shift and Opposing Force (BS is already almost done as there isn't a lot to do there); I just haven't put up the model changelog for either game yet.

Also could you add a extra hgrunt and V/P/W_9mmar for a MP5 replacement since I rather like it more than the m4.
I don't currently have any MP5 model, nor could I give the hgrunt model an MP5 on my own (I don't use or have any modelling tools). I'm afraid that I can't be of any help here.

edit: Why aren't you using Sproily's(Sp?) Snark =(
I considered using sproily's snark, but upon closer observation of the model, I saw that there were several issues with it. For one, there are a large amount of animation issues with it. This includes very awkward stretching and morphing. These problems mainly stem from the fact that sproily did not model the model properly, such as the snark's mouth, making "correct" animations nearly impossible (See picture below). Also, despite being high-poly, there are actually still a numerous amount of jagged edges (See other picture below). I would not expect this from a model that has a higher-poly count. Such problems are immediately jammed into the player's face since this actually the view model.

Also, there's the matter of optimization. The poly count of the p_ and w_ models of sproily's snark is four times the number of the HD snark model I'm using (1,676 compared to 387). Now, normally I would not have a problem with high-poly models as this is the foundation that this pack is based on. However, this is complete and total waste as it is just about impossible to see any of the detail on such a fast moving and small creature ingame. As it is common for there to be as many as 15 snarks on screen at once, sproily's w_ snark model could mean the difference between 5,805 polys (without), or 25,140 polys (with). This is an entirely needless waste of resources, so I have chosen not to include it in the pack.

Anyway, I am considering Hawk's reskin of the snark, as well as his other reskins, but I may need to do some (Or maybe even a lot of) editing to them as some models are slightly different.

will you be using these LD remake hands http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2132.0 or one of these for the op4 http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=4220.0 ?
I'm attempting to keep everything in the style Gearbox set with their high definition pack, so there's no reason to use these LD remake hands. All Gearbox really did to the HEV hands when they made the hd/PS2 model was to remove the little pak thing on the back of the hand. This is no significant loss. Also, looking at those hand models, the smoothing is entirely messed up. I will be sticking to Ambient.Impact's HEV hands as the smoothing is fine here.

As for Toadie's hands, there are no textures with the model. None of the I-Hud links work and the Quad's mirror for the textures.rar gives me textures for an M24 sniper rifle. Therefore, I couldn't use those hands if I wanted to. However, as I'm trying to keep a consistent look between all models, it would make no sense for Shephard to be the one soldier inexplicably wearing a different set of gloves. Ambient.Impact's OpFor hands will work just fine here.

[File not found]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 11:29:14 PM by Marphy Black »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4