Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
August 18, 2018, 10:52:27 PM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Story/Maps 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Story/Maps  ( 2402 )
Tower
M249 Gunner
Snark

: 19

Cowboy

« : October 20, 2006, 01:16:17 AM »

Well, today I was thinking quite abit about the mod and I noticed that you're focusing the mod after the outbreak had occured. Don't take this the wrong way, I enjoy the mod how it is at current time, however I think it would be a great idea to make some maps focusings on the very beginning of the outbreak instead of a few days/weeks after. I'll list some examples so you're not completely lost as to what I'm getting at:

1: The police barricades (as seen in RE3 and Outbreak F1 and F2, though completely unique settings on different streets, inside buildings with pockets of scattered civilians looking to the R.P.D. for help and zombies at the doorstep, even the R.P.D. barricade bordering the Arklay forest/mountains, etc.)

2: Have the players gathered at St. Michael Clocktower with U.B.C.S. NPC's before they were overrun as read about in RE3 files.

3: Players begin inside homes/apartments within the city (assumed to be their own). They're called out by the R.P.D. and are being told to evacuate the area inside the S.P.F. police vans. Upon leaving the homes and walking into the streets, the R.P.D. is attacked by zombies and they come after you as well.

Just three of many possibilities, but I'd really like to see some maps about the beginning of the outbreak. If you don't like this idea, please don't flame me... just give me logical reasons why it doesn't appeal to you or why it wouldn't work.

Yeehaw.
BiscuitDude
Biscuit Fanatic
Vortigaunt

: 147

A victory isn't complete without biscuits.

« #1 : October 21, 2006, 07:00:03 PM »

That is an interesting idea. But then of course, we have some members who play Cold Blood aslo dedicate their time and effort into making custom maps, some of which that are available currently are of a great standard. I'm sure sooner or later, someone will make a map along the lines of what you've said. But it can be tricky to get it right for people to enjoy.

Scope
"shut up" :(
Headcrab

: 42

« #2 : October 22, 2006, 07:00:20 AM »

Well, today I was thinking quite abit about the mod and I noticed that you're focusing the mod after the outbreak had occured. Don't take this the wrong way, I enjoy the mod how it is at current time, however I think it would be a great idea to make some maps focusings on the very beginning of the outbreak instead of a few days/weeks after. I'll list some examples so you're not completely lost as to what I'm getting at:

1: The police barricades (as seen in RE3 and Outbreak F1 and F2, though completely unique settings on different streets, inside buildings with pockets of scattered civilians looking to the R.P.D. for help and zombies at the doorstep, even the R.P.D. barricade bordering the Arklay forest/mountains, etc.)

2: Have the players gathered at St. Michael Clocktower with U.B.C.S. NPC's before they were overrun as read about in RE3 files.

3: Players begin inside homes/apartments within the city (assumed to be their own). They're called out by the R.P.D. and are being told to evacuate the area inside the S.P.F. police vans. Upon leaving the homes and walking into the streets, the R.P.D. is attacked by zombies and they come after you as well.

Just three of many possibilities, but I'd really like to see some maps about the beginning of the outbreak. If you don't like this idea, please don't flame me... just give me logical reasons why it doesn't appeal to you or why it wouldn't work.

i would have loved jims bar as a map, as it showed all the characters in there at the time of the outbreak. The best part of the map was by far the panic and confusion that was going on, you didn't know what was happening
Greaser
Sven Co-op Testing Team
Gonarch

: 1844

I want to move to Sweden one day.

« #3 : October 22, 2006, 05:23:15 PM »

Don't worry, flaming is not allowed on these forums. And I think your suggestion is very nice idea.

http://i.imgur.com/AeeYjnv.jpg
I miss you so much, dear!
: [1]  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Story/Maps « previous next »
: