HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Bumping!  (Read 5671 times)

Lurid

• I wonder where...my fish has gone?
  • Cookie Mastah!
  • Gonarch
  • oh?
    • View Profile
    • With Friends Like These
No Bumping!
« on: December 22, 2006, 10:27:14 AM »

A classic subject on this board, which causes alot of debate and whatnot.

Bumping 101

A bump is when you post in an old/dead thread, causing it to go to the top of of the forum, meaning that a subject that has been discussed to an end, get's knocked up again. Here I'm going to give you some basic guidelines and rules, so that you don't become the punchingbag of the forum.
  • If a topic is more than a month old, leave it. Noone is probably interested in what you have to say about it anyways.
  • If you see something on page three in Model Releases, don't take your time to write "i like it :)". Noone wants to know, and you're just annoying people for bringing up an already passed by topic

If you see something you want to download, but the link is dead. Do Not Bump. Instead you:
  • Send a PM to the Author. There's a handy little personal message system on this forum, but I'm not going to explain it to you. Just send the author a PM and ask if he/she has a link to it.
  • If the above does not work (the author doesn't reply, he/she doesn't have it) Make a thread in Request and ask nicely. (Please read my Guide to Requests)

If you find a topic that's like three weeks old. Please think before you post in it. Will your post bring anything new to the discussion? Or are you just going to post "I like it"? In either case, think before you bring back an old topic to life.

Lastly but not least, the Request Bump.
When some people make a request, and doesn't get an answer, they bump the topic.
Now, the reason noone has replied to the topic could be the following:
  • Nobody knows, therefore has no reason to reply.
  • Nobody thinks your request is worth wasting time over, and has no reason to reply.
  • Your title is something like "PLZ HLP", and people doesn't even bother looking inside.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 01:24:56 PM by Lurid »

Lurid

• I wonder where...my fish has gone?
  • Cookie Mastah!
  • Gonarch
  • oh?
    • View Profile
    • With Friends Like These
Re: No Bumping!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »

Alright, I'm tired of telling people three, four times to stop bumping before giving them a warning. From here on I will give a warning the first time. End of.
And don't even bother sending PM's explaining yourself. Read the rules and follow them.