HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [WIP] I guess I had some hidden mapping potential.  (Read 8105 times)

Killer12137

• Mastah of teh Primitives!
  • Gargantua
  • Future Ambassador of Earth.
    • View Profile
[WIP] I guess I had some hidden mapping potential.
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:16:36 AM »

I was like "Damnit Hammer, I'm gonna make something good this time."  And it happened.

OVERSIZED THUMBNAIL ACTION!

The crappy website for it is here: http://home.comcast.net/~2greatkids/mapping.htm
It's got a few more pics there, but they're crappier, I picked the best ones for here.

And that ladder on the building on the 2nd pic isn't there anymore, I only used that to get up and down the building.  And it was a long ways.  Now it'd be even longer, since the building is just under 2/3 of the height of the grid.

Also, in the 4th and 5th pic, 2 of the lights are out now, so it's a bit darker, since it is supposed to be a broken down subway and all.

EDIT: Finally got a story for this beast.  It's in a government report-type format, and is as follows:

Situational Report for the city of (illegible).

There has been a mysterious explosion on the surface above a broken-down underground subway system. We're not sure about who might have the ability or motive to do such a thing, but it is being investigated thoroughly. There has been no physical evidence found at all as of yet, and it seems like we will not find any in the near future.

As ordered by the city mayor, the area around the explosion on the surface has been fenced off, and the subway has been blocked off by caution boards and guarded by the area's top police officers in case any civilians decide to investigate the area themselves from other terminals, and the street-side entrance to the affected terminal has been locked and barred so no one without proper clearance into the fenced area can enter the terminal.

There has been a similar explosion on the top of the Naught Corp. building yesterday, but the explosion wasn't strong enough to bring the building down, it only left a similar hole in the roof of it. Being the highest building in the city, the explosion was seen and heard by all, but according to the satellite images of the city, no one has been on the roof for the past 2 weeks, and that was for the janitor's monthly building check-up. As of today, the top 5 floors of the building have been blocked off, and the elevator rewired to only raise up to the top-most available floor. Anyone who attempts to enter the top 5 floors will either have to show proper identification, or risk being arrested by the police stationed there.

End of report.

Amendment A to the Situational Report

We have found that the only way to have set the explosive on the roof of the Naught Corp. building was to be a high-ranked employee of the company, or one of the few janitors with access. We've come up with a list of people that are suspects in this case, and that list is attached as a separate page to this document.

An investigatory committee has been selected from a small group of the best investigators in the area to hopefully find the cause of the explosions before more occur. This team will set out to the recent explosion site in hope to find evidence of who was behind these explosions. For now, they will be briefed on the situation and start special training for dark environments like the subway.

End of Amendment A.

(list ripped out of packet)

Amendment B to the Situational Report

Due to the recent disappearance of the police officers, and appearance of unknown body signatures in the subway, we have indicated to the investigatory team that this effort may be risky, and have provided them with simple handgun training if they haven't already had it. Sadly, we have prohibited the passage of weapons into the explosion site, and we cannot bend the rules for a small group of investigators, so any weapons they will have to procure on site. Usually the attendants of the terminal have some type of firearm in a locked compartment in case of a hostile situation, so it will be no problem finding a handgun or two, and that should be more than enough to ward off any civilian.

The investigatory team has just left on their way toward the explosion site. They will write the next amendment to this report, and finalize it after they return from the investigation. They have all been provided edited copies of this report so they have a hard copy of everything they heard in the briefings, plus a few more bits of information they might need for a proper investigation of the site. Until they write the next amendment, this is all of the information this report can give without being classified. If you have been given this report by mistake, contact the central office at (illegible).

End of Amendment B.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 07:22:11 AM by Killer12137 »

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] I guess I had some hidden mapping potential.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16:44 AM »

I dunno what it is... But I like it!

The lighting in the tunnel is really dark, but well done. What kind of map is this going to be? Is it for a mod?

RavenGT

• Gonarch
  • Charlie Cyprus
    • View Profile
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »

Yeah, Logan I told you it was too dark ;<

Killer12137

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 03:21:56 AM »

It's supposed to be dark.  It's even darker now.  I almost scare myself going in there because it's dark.

And soon, there will be...

ZOMBIES

In the dark.

Oh yeah, you don't get weapons until later, and you won't get a suit ever in the map, so you'll see your health if you don't play with yourself.

SURVIVAL HORROR + DOUBLE ENTENDRE DUN DUN DUN

Pyroclasm

• Gargantua
  • Curse your thumbs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 06:31:26 AM »

Hm... i like it, the lighting could use some work, not that it's too dark, but around the hole in the ground, the lights are casting wierd shadows. I like the "no suit - no guns - zombies in the dark" idea, but if you don't ever give the player the suit, then how are they going to change weapons?

Killer12137

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 07:20:31 AM »

You'll have to use either your mousewheel or prev/next weapon keys.  That or you could bind keys to bring up the few weapons that you'll be able to get in the map.

Pyroclasm

• Gargantua
  • Curse your thumbs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 10:04:39 PM »

Ah! Clever.

Coozins

• T-Virus carrier
  • Gonarch
  • What is this? What's going on here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 12:41:13 AM »

Looks pretty nice. How did you manage to make that hole not an invalid solid structure?

Killer12137

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 01:25:40 AM »

Actually, somehow it only came out with 1 invalid solid after the first try.  But somehow after I started making the tunnel and stuff, it came up with more, so I had to re-do those, but they were easy.

I just got Half-Life all set up on this computer, so I'm gonna work on the map some more, and now get some better pics for you, since I can bump the graphics up on HL to the max.

EDIT: Just made a story for the map, it's in the main post in this thread.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 07:23:00 AM by Killer12137 »

iceman

• Major Iceman
  • Alien Grunt
  • Cold as ice
    • View Profile
    • Opposing Forces
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 09:39:19 AM »

Looks interesting,Ill test it out later.Good work!  ;D

Killer12137

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 04:25:42 AM »

New pics.  These aren't of the latest version, I just added a few more buildings to make the topside are look fuller, and I'm going to start progressing underground tomorrow.

Thumbnails as always.

UPDATE: I'm currently compiling the latest version, pics to come soon in this post.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:29:10 AM by Killer12137 »

Greaser

• Sven Co-op Testing Team
  • Gonarch
  • I want to move to Sweden one day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 09:10:40 PM »

Underground doesn't look bad, but buildings on the surface need more work.

Killer12137

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 11:41:49 PM »

Moar pics:

Added some buildings and a catwalk.

More buildings.

A lot of buildings.

The platform with perfect lighting.

Hallway from the platform to the station terminal or whatever you want to call it.

Into the station.

Looking back through the hall.

The whole station so far.

That hole in the hall is just a crappy little hall-to-room transition, it's not really a blown open wall.  If it were blown open, you would know.

RavenGT

• Gonarch
  • Charlie Cyprus
    • View Profile
    • Half-Life Creations
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 05:36:04 AM »

Grate door = solid render mode? Don't use texture :/

Killer12137

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 12:06:36 PM »

Grate door = solid render mode? Don't use texture :/

Yes I know, I've changed it since then.  I posted that set of pics up on the "bored" thread at the SC forums and amckern said the same thing.
Pages: [1] 2