HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Maps  (Read 2704 times)

Operator_927

• Snark
    • View Profile
Custom Maps
« on: February 05, 2007, 05:48:07 PM »

Well, this has nothing directly to do with the hd-project, but I think, that your hd-pack could animate some people to create custom maps/missions for HL:S.

I've found this fgd file:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Half-Life_Source.fgd

It would be very cool to see and play some new sp-missions for HL:S with this HD-Pack!

sappy

• HL:S:HD modeler
  • Gargantua
  • toss the salad
    • View Profile
    • moddb profile
Re: Custom Maps
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 08:51:51 PM »

I see what you mean,however what would be coller would be a OP4 and BS port(maybe a CZ, CZ:DS), and ports of the best MODs for GoldSource on Source ::)
To be honest that's a first for me to lay eyes on a .fgd file, but a nice find in any case.
Sadly I doubth, aside from a few deathmach maps, that anyone would do such a nice thing as I trully doubth that I will see port of op4 and bs on Source but hell, even BS made it on steam a few years after hl and op4 sooo....... ::) who knows anything is posible lets hope people get out all that nostalgia in maps and models
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:57:09 PM by sappy »

Operator_927

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 09:50:55 PM »

There are some Mod teams working on remakes. From the official side I heared, that there will also come ports of Op4 and BS for the source engine too and maybe a full remake (with new and better textures, models, etc) of HL1 from Valve personally. But this info is not official.

sappy

• Gargantua
  • toss the salad
    • View Profile
    • moddb profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 11:08:28 PM »

Yeah I have read that too but it's just on a game site stating it's planned and that's froom loooooooooooong ago (on another note TF2 ::) hmmm) we'll see.
Wich mods exactly can you give out some info???

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
  • Mr. Database! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 11:15:02 PM »

Wasn't they talking about HL-S?

I know many people was thinking that the source version of HL1 (speak HL-S) will include remade Models, Textures, Maps,...

sappy

• Gargantua
  • toss the salad
    • View Profile
    • moddb profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 11:35:22 PM »

When saing TF2 I mean damn it took looooooooooOOoooooong to do it, as it took a lot of time for BS to apperar on Steam so maybe, just maybe we'll see ports of op4,bs,decay ;) ,CS:CZ on Sauce, unless there is some legal issue, but all in all if we say  you Besli(and mrX, mrD, mrF.......) made MOD "Y" and you've got all the maps, models, textures etc. etc. it wont take you that much time to port it to Source. Then you A:leave it at that a.k.a. the fanbase will make HD the hd 'tuff or B: take time to update stuff once in a while new models props added in maps add detail to maps  etc.
It's most deffinitevly not a big deal IF you have the source(meaning the non compiled .rmf's and .map's) maps, models and code.
You need a coder that knows his way around the Source, and from then on a bit of know how on modeling and mapping or prehaps how to get your models and maps working in Source and a few bugs & pathces later yer done.
THAT's a straight port I'm talking, I don't think it could take up more than 2(MAX 3) monts.

I honestly hope that once HL:S HD  is done people might look to the Roots and dig up some old mod, and give 'em teh Saucing UP :D , or atleast give a go on some maps mods that use some HL1 content

Operator_927

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:36:57 AM »

[...]
Wich mods exactly can you give out some info???

Black Mesa Source for example (http://www.blackmesasource.com/)
and Blue Shift Source (http://bssource.bs.funpic.de/)
There was also an Opposing Force Mod port project, but it's dead...

And I know about a Decay port, but only for the GoldSrc engine first (http://decay.hl2source.com). But the homepage seems to be down at the moment...

@Besli: No, I heared, that Valve thinks about maybe to create a full remake with new updated content. But there aren't any more info at the moment.

sappy

• Gargantua
  • toss the salad
    • View Profile
    • moddb profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 12:06:30 PM »

Operator_927 I mean OLD MODs like POV,AzureSheep,Poke646(P646Vendeta),TheyHunger,Todesagnst(hell I know I spelled it wrong ::)) , not just the hl1 op4 and BS. And I know of BM almost from the beggining they went public, and to be honest I've seen atleast 3-4 teams attempt OP4.....they were to say the least hilarious(and the last team,or one of their mappers has stolen 'tuff from the leaked alpha5 of BM), compared to BM, wich everyone will look up to measure up the quality of such remakes, and BS.... :'( just one thing for the few attempts SO far - a blip on the radar  would be the least I can say.
The only mods gettin' to source are the multiplayer/co-op mods, sadly good singleplayer mods don't get there...and even if they do ,take Dead Sector: most beautifull maps for GldSrc I've seen + great intenced gameplay, but I see everyone says the Sauce version sucked even though it was in english  :-\ the game play was changed and it was bad(atleast so people say I haven't tried it my self yet).

Operator_927

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 12:41:32 PM »

Oh...well, I don't know anything about mod remakes, but about new:
1. The next episode of Azure Sheep/POV will be on source. Called  "Azure Stand".
2. TheyHunger Lost Souls (sadly commercial)
and I think there are much more...

But you are right!
The last HL2 single player mods I've played were very...well...not like the old ones for HL1.

I really hope, that some good ones will be released this year and change this situation.

I personally will try to map some additional episodes for HL:S, if 2.0 of the hd-pack is released!
Proven HL1 old school quality combined with the source engine could be a cool thing!
If there are enough people, who would play something like that...We will see.
I think and hope, that this High definition pack could brings some people clother to play HL:S and any additional adventures for it (created from people like me ;) ). But I think too, that there are enough people, who would say, that only GoldSrc is true HL1. But I don't think so! :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 12:43:39 PM by Operator_927 »