HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding new voices to barney?  (Read 1697 times)

iceman

• Major Iceman
  • Alien Grunt
  • Cold as ice
    • View Profile
    • Opposing Forces
Adding new voices to barney?
« on: February 26, 2007, 10:15:19 PM »

I have have a microphone,So how do i put the voices to replace barneys?(you may have to go into detail because i have no idea what to do :P)

Gravewrecker

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
Re: Adding new voices to barney?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 05:12:20 PM »

Well open the windows audio recorder, click record, open your mouth and say something. ;D

At first I'd have a look(rather a "hear") at the barney voice files and see what you need to say. I also had a project going on called Half-life Swissgerman but it kind of slept in. Still, if you know some Swiss voice actors tell me ;).

I listened to the gman sentences (in your case that would be the barney sentences), wrote them down in notepad, translated them (you needn't do this) and wrote them down again in Swissgerman. Then i recorded the voices gave them the right names (same as the original) and put them into the folder(...Half-life\Valve\sounds\barney). then I started the game, went to the map where I could hear my voice and listened what I still had to correct.
I hope you know now what to do, hoping for some cool barney sentences.
p.s. the better the microphone, the better the quality, so if you want to do this seriously, get yourself a good microphone.(I have a Logitech Gaming Headset and the quality is awesome, althoug the I had to shout to get it loud enough)

iceman

• Major Iceman
  • Alien Grunt
  • Cold as ice
    • View Profile
    • Opposing Forces
Re: Adding new voices to barney?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 12:10:55 PM »

Thanks Gravewrecker.