HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [HL2SP SMOD] CSS SCI FI 1.3 (new)  (Read 2854 times)

fitzroy_doll

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
    • Amphibian Mods
[HL2SP SMOD] CSS SCI FI 1.3 (new)
« on: March 15, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »

A new version of CSS SCI FI, the HL2 mod for SMOD and Counter Strike: Source, has been released. The updated 1.3 version is a complete reworking of many aspects of the game and is now packaged as an executable installer. With one simple installation CSS SCI FI is ready to play.

The new 1.3 version includes the SMOD Configuration Utility, which allows users to change their SMOD configuration quickly and easily. Using this feature, players can change graphics effects, performance levels, difficulty settings, ragdoll behaviour, gore levels and bullet time settings. The utility can be run at any time and as often as is desired. Not only will this allow players to tune the game to their own particular tastes, it also will improve their system performance by allowing them to choose settings appropriate for their own system specifications. In addition, advanced users can still add their own config commands manually to a specifically designated custom config file, which takes precedence over settings set by the utility. These features will improve the SMOD experience for new and experienced players of SMOD alike.

Within the mod itself, CSS SCI FI 1.3 includes numerous improvements. CSS SCI FI has been integrated into the SMOD HL2 chapter menu, allowing easier access to the game and improving loading times. Prop spawning has been made more intelligent and difficult enemies more uncommon, though the design of the random spawn system still allows for a range of possible encounters. Alongside these random events are specifically scripted encounters with HL2's toughest enemies, including gunships, dropships, helicopters and more.

This lightweight mod (still less than 1mb) is now available via the CSS SCI FI moddb profile or the CSS SCI FI home page.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 11:28:32 AM by fitzroy_doll »

your evil twin

• The Official Half-Life Guru
  • Gonarch
  • I eat Xen Crystals for breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
Re: [HL2SP SMOD] CSS SCI FI 1.3 (new)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »

Superb!  8) I've spread the word at Planet Half-Life.

fitzroy_doll

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
    • Amphibian Mods
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »

Superb!  8) I've spread the word at Planet Half-Life.

Cool thank you!

sappy

• HL:S:HD modeler
  • Gargantua
  • toss the salad
    • View Profile
    • moddb profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »

Nice mod i had a lot of fun playing it today. I hope you got some planned.
IN any case congrats!!!
 ;) /I am bambi_slaughter btw/

iceman

• Major Iceman
  • Alien Grunt
  • Cold as ice
    • View Profile
    • Opposing Forces
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 02:10:04 PM »

Wow cool,more fun then ever! :)