Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 02:40:34 PM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Source Version? 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Source Version?  ( 5049 )
SaxonSwine
Gonarch

: 1488

« : May 28, 2007, 12:34:59 PM »

I know this is a hardly revelationary suggestion, but since it hasn't been mentioned (or at least my knowledge) how about a Source version of RECB?
The HL1 content of RECB is very (especially the models) and it would be well supplemented in the source engine, by the various obvious advantages of the source engine (shaders, lighting, larger spaces, better net code).

I'd just like to know if the team would consider doing it?  There aren't enough good source mods (especially multiplayer) we need more!
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

: 490

« #1 : May 28, 2007, 07:48:32 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.  Considering the amount of effort required to make a mod for any game, it is unlikely that the RECB team will change to the source engine, especially since the mod isn't out of open beta yet. 

Source versions of games that were originally for HL usually need a large fan base before the creators will make a source version.  In this case, maybe They Hunger would be a good example.  It was one of the earliest mods, and only now is a sequel being produced on the source engine, due to the popularity it gained as a HL mod many years before.

I would give the team a chance to finish what they are working on right now, rather than consider a move to source, as they have their own ideas that they want to implement in the game they have devoted so much time to on the HL engine.

User with the dancing badger
HIT's Resident Programmer.
Gonarch

: 1267

~= Master Of Mess =~

« #2 : June 08, 2007, 12:17:18 AM »

You have to remember that there's a much higher standard for media on the Source engine. For example, something that looks amazing in Goldsource, would look pathetic in Source. There's a lot more effort required.

Also, remember that stuff such as Shaders aren't just an automatic improvement when you switch engines. Shaders have to be written, which also required a new programming language to be learnt.

Then there's a lot of things that have been implemented in Goldsource, which must then be re-written for Source. It's a lot of work.

http://yngndrw.hostilezone.net/images/sig/
 [ Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2x 3.5GHz (Water Cooled) | Corsair XMS 2x 1GB PC2-8500 | EVGA 9800GX2 1024MB ]
 [ Intel Core Duo @ 2x 2.0GHz | Corsair 2x 1GB PC2-5300 | 7600GT 256MB ]
Coozins
T-Virus carrier
Gonarch

: 1885

What is this? What's going on here?

« #3 : June 08, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »

Too much of Beta 2 has been made to port to Source now. It would mean remaking virtually everything for the Source engine, which would take a very long time.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5892/sig3eh2.jpg

It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
: [1]  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Source Version? « previous next »
: