Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
November 19, 2018, 01:49:35 AM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Type 68 - North Korean Pistol 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Type 68 - North Korean Pistol  ( 5897 )
James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

: 3663

<3

« : May 31, 2007, 03:15:40 PM »

This is Christopher McCaleb's personal handgun, passed down to him by his father, who kep it as a trophy from his days in 'Nam. Holds 8 7.62x25mm TT rounds. Enough talking, on with the animations and model.

Model and skin by Millenia, animations by me, sounds by Toadie.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3802683131332765051
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

: 490

« #1 : May 31, 2007, 04:20:34 PM »

Cool, always nice to see new things!  I've never really been a big fan of most Russian weapons or their foreign clones, or North Korea for that matter, but this one looks good.  Since this new handgun has an all-star team making it, I don't doubt it's awesomeness.  Besides, it gives me one more thing to tinker with when the next version of RECB is released.

Looking at the video, everything looks really good; I can't fault the anims and the model and skin look great, as we have all come to expect of Millenia's work.  The only thing that bothers me slightly are the origins.  It seems that you could afford to lower it considerably, especially with the iron sights aiming system coming with the next release, as it will give a clear separation between aimed shots and ones fired from the hip.

Aside from the origins, it's looking good!  Keep up the good work!

James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

<3

« #2 : May 31, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »

Right'o, thanks very much for the C and C. =D

As for the origins, that's the just the positioning of the render in Max. I'll get a picture of the actual origins for you soon, but at the moment, I'm playing with my new PC. =D

Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #3 : June 01, 2007, 02:38:56 AM »

With good origins I won't be able to find a fault with it!  New PC?  Sounds like we might need to wait to hear from you for a while then  ;D!

Coozins
T-Virus carrier
Gonarch

: 1885

What is this? What's going on here?

« #4 : June 02, 2007, 12:21:58 AM »

Looking very nice, but of course, I've already seen it.

Ya pet!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5892/sig3eh2.jpg

It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #5 : June 02, 2007, 02:08:48 AM »

I just remembered, I was going to ask about it's role in the game.  Is it a weapon found in maps similar to the STI, or is it a starting weapon?  I'm guessing it's the former.  Also, what is the magazine capacity and damage?

|Rayne|

« #6 : June 02, 2007, 02:16:43 AM »

I just remembered, I was going to ask about it's role in the game.  Is it a weapon found in maps similar to the STI, or is it a starting weapon?  I'm guessing it's the former.  Also, what is the magazine capacity and damage?

It's the starting weapon for the RPD Officer.
James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

<3

« #7 : June 02, 2007, 02:28:24 AM »

Zat is correct. Clip capacity is 8, and it's more powerful than the browning, less powerful than the Glock 23. He also starts with 3 extra clips.
pooperoni_pizza
Gargantua

: 563

Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

« #8 : June 02, 2007, 07:52:59 AM »

I love the clicky sounds of the reload animations, paricularily the reload_empty type one. The model is great ;)

Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #9 : June 02, 2007, 08:31:40 AM »

Starting weapon, huh?  So is there some sort of character select before starting the game now or is it just dependent on which player model you choose?

James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

<3

« #10 : June 02, 2007, 08:46:35 AM »

Yeah, there's going to be a vgui character selection screen. Each character will have their own advantages/disadvantages. For instance, the new fireman character is extremely efficient with melee weapons, seeing as he's a strong guy. Also, some maps will require some people to be playing as a certain character (They each have their own skills) to complete it. When a player joins the game, the vgui screen will inform them who is still needed for the completion of them map (If somebody hasn't already chosen that character).
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #11 : June 02, 2007, 09:26:40 AM »

I was really hoping that you would add a system like that AND a fireman character.  The more I hear the more I can't wait to play!

Scope
"shut up" :(
Headcrab

: 42

« #12 : June 02, 2007, 04:56:58 PM »

With this new system, how will the new characters added through packs work? I'm taking a guess in the dark that it's just a text file that one can edit, right? On top of the character selection, can we choose individual models? (example, two different RPD officers.)
James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

<3

« #13 : June 02, 2007, 06:08:30 PM »

I'm still not sure about how custom characters could work. At the moment, I've just made it so that they have generic stats, but some sort of text file system could be added. The tricky thing would be making it so that cheaters don't edit their stats and release player models with awesome advantages (Starting off with a grenade launcher, full run speed, good with healing items etc)

If anyone's got any ideas, please, throw them my way.

As for the individual thing, I think it should be up to the server admin. For RPing servers and the like, they can only allow one of each character, but can change it with a simple command so everyone can choose whatever character they like.
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #14 : June 02, 2007, 07:11:56 PM »

Sounds awesome, really awesome.  Any chance you could let us know a little about the characters you have planned so far and the different skills and items that it will be possible for players to start with.

As for stopping the awesome custom characters problem, would it be possible to code into the mod, separate from the individual characters text file, a limit to the number of skills or items a player can have upon starting.  Or perhaps you could give each weapon and skill a points based ranking so that there is a limit to the number of skills one can have.

For example, each character could have 10 points to 'spend' in its text file.  The grenade launcher could take 10 out of ten, leaving no spare points.  A player that starts with the baseball bat for, let's say, 2 points could then spend 4 points on melee strength and 4 more on running speed. 

If this limit was coded into the server-side part of the mod then it would be a lot harder for any scumbags to exploit the starting abilities and weapons.  Furthermore, since RE:CB has a relatively close community, it would be easy for server admins to disable custom characters with the exception of ones that are balanced enough for their server preferences.

I'm sure I haven't thought of everything, but let me know what you think!

: [1] 2  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Type 68 - North Korean Pistol « previous next »
: