Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 02:52:53 PM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: RE:CB Beta 2 Released 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: RE:CB Beta 2 Released  ( 14016 )
James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

: 3663

<3

« : December 28, 2007, 05:14:58 PM »

After a long damn time, RE:CB Beta 2 is released - Currently, it is NOT compatible with Vista. A patch will be coming soonAfter a long damn time, RE:CB Beta 2 is released - Currently, it is NOT compatible with Vista. A patch will be coming soon, possibly in a matter of hours, to resolve this., possibly in a matter of hours, to resolve this. In the mean time, enjoy the mod!

Why doesn't it work in Vista? Simple. OpenGL isn't really supported properly by Vista, and this is an OpenGL based mod. Please direct your bitching to Microsoft. Thanks.

You may find the link here. More download mirrors coming soon:

www.half-lifecreations.com/hostedfiles/recb/b2/recb_b2_setup.exe
http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/HalfLife_Resident_Evil_Cold_Blood_Full_Client;85341

Change Log

- Iron sights
- Twenty Three weapons
- Eighteen unique monsters
- 8 playable characters, each with their own stats and abilities
- Minigame modes – Play as a Crimson Head and hunt down your friends!
- Fifteen maps – More coming VERY soon!
- Enhanced monster animations
- Enhanced monster AI
- Enhanced monster visuals
- Command menu for performing various actions, such as using a first aid spray, mixing some herbs or applying a bandage

Resident Evil 4 style over-the-shoulder camera, complete with crosshair, with the ability to seamlessly switch between first and third person at the touch of a button ingame

Watch out for monsters – clawed nasties can slice your head off, while players watch your detached head roll across the floor

Extended ab-lib commands – Tell players you need ammo, health or simply give your opinion on whether or not the army should have arrived by now

Tap your “struggle” key to push those nasty grabbing zombies off of you, and Improved visuals and technical design
« : December 28, 2007, 05:42:59 PM James-Minuit »
Dudeman418
Alien Grunt

: 311

« #1 : December 28, 2007, 05:53:48 PM »

Awesome.  :)

Congrats, great work and thank you!
User with the dancing badger
HIT's Resident Programmer.
Gonarch

: 1267

~= Master Of Mess =~

« #2 : December 28, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »

Lol it doesn't work, fail. <3

http://yngndrw.hostilezone.net/images/sig/
 [ Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2x 3.5GHz (Water Cooled) | Corsair XMS 2x 1GB PC2-8500 | EVGA 9800GX2 1024MB ]
 [ Intel Core Duo @ 2x 2.0GHz | Corsair 2x 1GB PC2-5300 | 7600GT 256MB ]
SaxonSwine
Gonarch

: 1488

« #3 : December 28, 2007, 08:01:31 PM »

Absolutely loving it!!  Just one bug I've encountered, which is at the spawn area: mass telefragging ensues!  If you could expand the spawn areas so that there is plenty of room for people to spawn that should get rid of the problem - eg on RECB_mall you could have several small rooms connected to the current spawn area.  Players could spawn in these rooms with less fear of telefrag death (see attached)

Also having player spawn entities higher than the average player should solve this problem

Apart from that I've been having a great time, I just need to find a server which doesn't lag like crazy!

[File not found]
Reason134
I'm going to hit you now,....with bullets.
Snark

: 6

« #4 : December 29, 2007, 01:54:46 AM »

Ah, a year later here we are. Congratulations though looks nice. Hurry up with the vista issue though, i run vista and i'd actually like to play this.

Ha ha vergeudete ich einige Minuten deiner Zeit.
-Rusty-
Forum Zombie
Vortigaunt

: 133

« #5 : December 29, 2007, 04:00:23 AM »

thought you said you'd get rid of the remake textures.
Barney Calhoun
Albert Wesker
Vortigaunt

: 139

Hatred has become my master...

« #6 : December 29, 2007, 04:10:23 AM »

Looks good, downloading now

nouwandi
Snark

: 24

« #7 : December 29, 2007, 12:50:27 PM »

this version is fuc**** awesome but please, fix the spawnkill bugs and this retarded uber zombie spawn (they respawn in my fucking face)

about the rest is fucking perfect

10/10 ::)
Coozins
T-Virus carrier
Gonarch

: 1885

What is this? What's going on here?

« #8 : December 29, 2007, 04:30:44 PM »

What do you mean, retarded uber zombie spawn? If you're talking about the zombies constantly respawning, that's not even slightly a bug. They respawn to make it more difficult and so people actually have to work together to survive.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5892/sig3eh2.jpg

It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
nouwandi
Snark

« #9 : December 29, 2007, 06:52:31 PM »

What do you mean, retarded uber zombie spawn? If you're talking about the zombies constantly respawning, that's not even slightly a bug. They respawn to make it more difficult and so people actually have to work together to survive.

it's imposible to survive when you kill those idiot zombies and they respawn in 1 sec in front of you freaking face

the zombie respawn time is retarded, made them respawn in 2-3 min when they died and when the player is not looking at the area

and ah, yes! in some maps u don't know exactly what u need to do and the elevator in the mall map is very anoying i say the same with the vent u need to use at the streets... add other method to entrace or make the entrace door open when i get to the other vent side... today i was waiting at the fucking door like a retard for 10 min and nobody come there...

thanks! and keep this mod up!
« : December 29, 2007, 10:25:16 PM nouwandi »
[DOG]
A Brain Eating...
Gargantua

: 598

« #10 : December 29, 2007, 07:23:36 PM »

Ok here is my review for this latest update.
Too say the least this update is a large step up from the last release.
It appears to have much better gameplay then the last one also.
I could surely say that the iron sights, laser & flashlight attachments work well in-game.
Also it is duly noted that the team has finally giving half-life Resident Evil fans what they always wanted,
monsters that actually look like the ones in Resident Evil.
I enjoy the full gameplay experience into its intire and luckily my only complaints are about the servers themselves,
so needless to say this is a problem that the Dev's cant fix.
Mostservers seem to be a little more antisocial here as in,
about 2/3 are passworded, most will have you time out before you can even precatch resources,
and have countless mp3 to download before joining to be kicked or reach another download.
However I would have to say that right now the mod has at least reached about the same gameplay status as any very decent mod only with server like that of Sven Coop and CS.

Also this is just a though but the mod seems to be lacking an eight foot tall chaingun and rpg trotting baddie.
Any thoughts of adding him into the game?

Final Judgements.
Gameplay 9/10
Quality 9/10
Resident Evil Feel 10/10
Servers 6/10
Need For Weapon Control Policy Amendment 0/0  :P
Ad Lib 7/10
Command Menu 9/10
Current Monster & Models 9/10
Total 59/70
84% B
« : December 29, 2007, 07:25:52 PM [DOG] »

We can all ride the short bus together.. But I want my own seat. I'm not sharing my window. Especially if it tastes good.
nouwandi
Snark

« #11 : December 29, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »

it needs an RPD based map ;D

maybe if i have time i will do a custom map xD
Besli
Mr. Database
Gonarch

: 3075

Mr. Database! :)

« #12 : December 29, 2007, 09:46:31 PM »

it needs an RPD based map ;D

maybe if i have time i will do a custom map xD

Wow, that would be fine!

Take a look at this:
http://www.freewebs.com/outbreakfile3/buildingrenders.htm

Is this the statue from RE:CB? It looks very similar.

nouwandi
Snark

« #13 : December 29, 2007, 10:12:53 PM »

Wow, that would be fine!

Take a look at this:
http://www.freewebs.com/outbreakfile3/buildingrenders.htm

Is this the statue from RE:CB? It looks very similar.

wtf a resident evil mod for gta san andreas  :o
SaxonSwine
Gonarch

: 1488

« #14 : December 29, 2007, 10:17:56 PM »

I had heard rumblings about GTA:SA being used to make an RE mod.  Obviously a different team to the one I'm thinking of

The models aren't theirs, those models are taken from the RE4 modding scene. Which is why Claire looks like Ada Wong :P  They haven't even bothered altering the meshes or correcting the loss of Alpha channels!!  The models are ripped from a rip of a rip (lol)
: [1] 2  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: RE:CB Beta 2 Released « previous next »
: