HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A cool sequence  (Read 3057 times)

patrickul87

• Snark
    • View Profile
A cool sequence
« on: April 13, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »

How would it be to side the crazy side of barney?I played azure sheep  and thought how "would it be to see a mad barney" like this: the player would be in a vent and could see a barney and a female scientist.They pass a corner,they get out of sight,you go a bit further and you see through a unbreakable vent door thingy the girl being killed by grunts.barney engages into battle with 2-3 grunts  ,barney wins (you dont see the fight cause the light goe's off) cause he has the magnum.You crawl out of the vent and see a badly wounded grunt  leaned on a wall sitting on his but (the rest are dead) barney goes to him aims the magnum at his head the grunt says "please don't" and barney replie's  "#@$! you!!!" or "die you piece of scum" *bang* after barney say's "let us have a moment a silence".Maybe something dramatic.If he were to die the game ends.You do abit of the game with him and then you are cut of from him by some debris, or something,near the chapter with the tentacles (you get who he is now right?).He would be like alyx in hl2 a special unit he wont change his gun and he would talk sad and act sad

Coozins

• T-Virus carrier
  • Gonarch
  • What is this? What's going on here?
    • View Profile
Re: A cool sequence
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »

How would thi's be implemented int'o Hal'f Life: E'nha'nc'e'd? Why d'id yo'u eve'n bo'ther 'sugge'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''sting it? What t'he hell w'ould 'be t'he poin't in thi's? They'd need voic'e act'ors f'or a 'start. I think th'i's i's one of the wor'st 'sugge'stions I've ever hea'rd. It doesn't help that t'here are un'nece'''s''''''''''sary apo'strophes every''''where. Read and learn: http://angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
And no, I don't get who he is. Do you mean he's the main character from Azure Sheep? Because I don't remember anything along the lines of that happening at all.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:53:12 AM by Coozins »

Weavile

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 01:00:59 AM »

That would super be stupid that barney you know that guy in a blue dress shirt and ballistic vest would do super boring stuff like in america movyies when 1 guy shoots another guy and that other guy aint go any gun and he withdrawed frrom the life because he had got the dieing.

DiamonD

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »

patrickul87, try to learn how games work. This is probably the most idiotic suggestion I've ever heard for anything. Try thinking before posting.

Lurid

• I wonder where...my fish has gone?
  • Cookie Mastah!
  • Gonarch
  • oh?
    • View Profile
    • With Friends Like These
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:33:24 PM »

"Hi. I'm regular Strong Bad. If you or someone you love is an anonymous apostrophe flinger, please call our hot-free number. Or give them a charley horse right away."

But seriously, No.

Greaser

• Sven Co-op Testing Team
  • Gonarch
  • I want to move to Sweden one day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 05:43:58 PM »

I agree this is a bad idea, but why not to try being more polite?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:46:10 PM by Lexi »

Coozins

• T-Virus carrier
  • Gonarch
  • What is this? What's going on here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 08:32:56 PM »

Well, the impoliteness is sort of deserved. I mean, it wouldn't enhance the gameplay or plot in any way possible, which is pretty obvious. The horrible grammar caused my brain to malfunction and my eyes to bleed, too.

Greaser

• Sven Co-op Testing Team
  • Gonarch
  • I want to move to Sweden one day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »

I see, but come on, I suppose he won't change his grammar or interpunction or whatever anyway. Let's end this with "No, your idea isn't good."

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »

Hmm... TBH you need feedback on what is good and what isn't.  Otherwise you get moronic fanboys saying things like "OMG taht i5 LIEK teh aWSsuym!!!£"O$JM" or "lolololololol! u no wot, he shd sh00t him in da ballz 2¬!!!!!!!!  dat wUd B GANSTA!!!!!" etc etc.
For all the faults of HIT, I really am glad that there is a largely mature community who shy away from such comments

I agree with you to some degree Lexi, after all no one likes getting shit thrown at them, even if they have posted up something bad.  It can really put you off doing further work, but if you get constructive criticism, you can at least take that on board and try to address the points made for later work.