HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Post joo car!  (Read 15982 times)

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
Re: New car
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 06:49:25 AM »

I don't want one of them if it's gonna xplod. :(

Also, we have a VEEDUB Golf 1.6. It has served us well. ;O

End Of Days

• 3D Modeller
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »

Bought a nice pair of brand new Alpine SPR-69C 6x9 rear speakers off ebay for around 96 bucks. It's a 200 dollar retail pair of speakers. I'm very happy. Next up will be a pair of Alpine front speakers which I can get ass cheap off ebay. That willn't be till payback this weekend. Maybe a sub too but that will be a whole nother story.

Captain Scarlet

• MAOAM
  • Administrator
  • Alien Grunt
  • HeadcrabMAOAMScarlet
    • View Profile
    • Meh
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 08:32:16 PM »

not to sure about the interior, my cars so far, current one a Mondeo (Yes I am a true British Mondeo Owning Road Hog)

[File not found]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:34:27 PM by Captain Scarlet »

End Of Days

• 3D Modeller
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 01:26:45 AM »

Got my new rear speakers installed Saturday and did some custom work today on them by cutting out some holes on the carpet and putting the cover grills on.

I hate the interior overall but there isn't much I can do about it now.

Front speakers should here this week.

DeMoNIc*PSyChO

• Lurch
  • Alien Grunt
  • ITS A ZOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Post joo car!
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 10:07:40 AM »

This is what im learning in, i got it a few weeks ago for $2000 Australian. Its a 1992 Ford EB Falcon. Its a pretty awesome car, not to mention fucken huge.

I replaced the cassette player with a cd player like the one posted before, got a cheep ass sub in it as well. The engine's a 4 litre so it goes well. Only bad thing about it is if you get on the freeway going more then a 100kp/h you can just watch the fuel gauge empty itself. Its a real bitch on the wallet. 

[File not found]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:10:14 AM by DeMoNIc*PSyChO »

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 06:45:32 AM »

Here's my car. I got it like a year ago. It's had some problems with the coolant system which cost an arm and a leg to replace. And I really need new brakes and front tires (too much crazy driving and burnouts.) The speakers that came with it are fine for me atm, but I wouldn't mind some louder ones, meh.

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 11:20:35 AM »

1 more year and the roads will fear my name, for now I learn in a shitty 98' holden vectra that has broken down at least twice this past month.

The lady down the road is holding this for me when I finish my schooling this year, Not the exact same car, hers has a bit of surface rust that cut and polish will fix easily, needs a service but is in pretty mint condition same colour but actually a six cylinder instead of a v8, a plus not a loss because that way I can drive on my P liscense without being illegal.

Anyway I have a little money put aside, she offered it for nothing but I feel a bit guilty.

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 11:52:33 AM »

You need a special license to drive a V8?  :o

DeMoNIc*PSyChO

• Lurch
  • Alien Grunt
  • ITS A ZOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 12:28:28 AM »

No, not a special license. In Australia there is like 4 tiers of license to go through, First your on you Learners for a year then you get your P1's then theres P2 (you're on them for a year each), after that you get your black license which is just your normal one.

There are restrictions for For the P licenses that include 90kp/h speed cap, No super or turbo charged engines and no V8's. This is because the government believes that for the age and skill level of someone on their P's, that type of engine is too powerful.

Jazz Hands

• H.I.T. Forums Mega Dancer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 12:31:22 AM »

I'll post pics of my BMW 3 Series soon. I do some little mods, bought a decent spoiler.

User with the dancing badger

• HIT's Resident Programmer.
  • Gonarch
  • ~= Master Of Mess =~
    • View Profile
    • HostileZone
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 01:33:55 AM »

No pictures.

I have a W reg (2000) 1.8 Ford Focus Zetec. It's 5 door and is metalic red. :o

Heated front window FTW.

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 02:23:05 AM »

No, not a special license. In Australia there is like 4 tiers of license to go through, First your on you Learners for a year then you get your P1's then theres P2 (you're on them for a year each), after that you get your black license which is just your normal one.

There are restrictions for For the P licenses that include 90kp/h speed cap, No super or turbo charged engines and no V8's. This is because the government believes that for the age and skill level of someone on their P's, that type of engine is too powerful.

Ah cool. That actually makes a lot of sense. Too often kids get drunk and drive their parents cars, or their own cars (cuz they are spoiled and get awsome cars for their first) and just smash them into trees or oncoming traffic...

Heated front window FTW.

BASTARD! That would be so handy up here in the winter!

Captain Scarlet

• MAOAM
  • Administrator
  • Alien Grunt
  • HeadcrabMAOAMScarlet
    • View Profile
    • Meh
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 09:29:20 PM »

1 more year and the roads will fear my name, for now I learn in a shitty 98' holden vectra that has broken down at least twice this past month.
Its actually a Vauxhall, holdens are actually very good cars which are rebranded as muscle cars here

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 06:55:25 PM »

I'd really like to buy my own car, the price wouldn't be a problem, but the running costs are: Currently ~2.36 US$ for 1 liter unleaded (~0.25 US gallon)  here in Germany is just too fuckin' high.

Anton

• -
  • Gonarch
  • -
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »

When my family went to Boden, 800 Km's north from my hometown to say hello to my brother who is in the army for 11 months now, we drove past a petrol station were it cost 13.37 Kr, it was rather awesome. I think these new petrolprices will help me get rid of my fear for cars.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7