HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [HL 1 Mod] ReIssues Released!  (Read 11792 times)

Ghost-621

• Writing songs for Christ. Development team tester
  • Alien Grunt
  • A.K.A. <CC>< Ghos†-621
    • View Profile
Re: [HL 1 Mod] ReIssues Released!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 06:30:38 PM »

I can't seem to see the fog effect, would someone please tell me what to do? I have it running on Open GL like it said.

Lt.JC

• Silencer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgic-Games
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 09:20:28 PM »

The fog doesnt work with steam. Spirit of halflife was developed on WON halflife and there was never a fix to get it work with steam.
Same bug is in svencoop, it also has a fog entity but doesnt work in steam.

NovaRain

• Casual Modder
  • Alien Grunt
  • Real Life™
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 04:29:04 AM »

Played the Second Wind (use noclip to get through the "secret chest" part, I don't know how to get through the wall), the final tower(some kind of library?) part has a great view. Too bad when I finish each episode and step into the portal, the game gets crashed :(
The only one works so far is Coil. Does anyone have the solution?

Edit: Nevermind, I pass the "finish crash". IMO "Echo Transit" is the hardest episode, I died several times during the crane part or can't get the RPG to destroy APC in time :$
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 03:15:37 PM by NovaRain »

D3ads

• No one fucks with the
  • Gonarch
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 03:24:04 PM »

I had to noclip twice on Second Wind, once to get through the water gate to raise the second lever and again with the wall behind the bookcase. This can be forgiven almost considering how fucking gorgeous the episode looks (the cutscene at the beginning was really impressive).

So far, these are my thoughts on the mod:

Labcoats Required - Crap, just another boring HL episode, the level design is pretty dire to boot.

It's Safer Here - Again, crap. This had the potential to be great, mixing in the City 17 location with the Xen aliens and the like and instead it's filled with Half-Life textures, crappy edited grunt models and horrible texture rips from HL2 (that 'gate' texture made me want to vomit). You can't do City 17 on goldsource and have it look as good as it would in HL2, but with some work you can still get it to look really nice.

Coil - Excellent episode here, brilliant level design in both visuals and construction, loved it.

Cyan - This one is probably my favourite so far, great design and puzzle setup, I liked the instant battery recharge units and the use of the PS2 stations.

Echo Transit - This one was a breath of fresh air too, great design, the idea of having to protect the crane was well thought out and the new dialogue works really well. Only complaint is that the time you need to take out the APC and defuse those bombs is too short to actually be properly doable, I confess I had to cheat to beat this section.

Emcamped - This was ok, nothing that special, it was nice how they had the alien soldiers being controlled by the slaves.

Pages: 1 2 [3]