HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Half Life: Source  (Read 20290 times)

Morpheus

• =P
  • I can't upload no mores :(
  • Alien Grunt
  • Heeehhh...
    • View Profile
Re: Half Life: Source
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 05:24:20 AM »

Ever notice the sounds the human gibs make when they hit the floor?

Coozins

• T-Virus carrier
  • Gonarch
  • What is this? What's going on here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 03:16:49 PM »

Yeah. Since when is human flesh made of plastic?

smadmead

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 05:59:33 PM »

i had an idea that could only exsist in theory. its kind of a mod, but its also a game engine. It's called Engine. It would take any game, mod, or expansion pack that runs on GoldSrc, Source, Havok, Crystal Space, etc and convert them to Engine. By doing that it would redo all of the textures to the latest version/ quality/ visual textures via a download. It would convert any game you have, including Cd, DVD, Blu-Ray, and software files. By doing this all games are updated on the fly whenever you need them to be. To do that, you would need
incredible disk storage space and incredible processor power, video card power, and a LOT of ram.

So maybe in 20 years, this could happen.

J-Man

• Too busy for anything
  • Alien Grunt
  • I need to stop posting firestarter threads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 06:47:39 PM »

i had an idea that could only exsist in theory. its kind of a mod, but its also a game engine. It's called Engine. It would take any game, mod, or expansion pack that runs on GoldSrc, Source, Havok, Crystal Space, etc and convert them to Engine. By doing that it would redo all of the textures to the latest version/ quality/ visual textures via a download. It would convert any game you have, including Cd, DVD, Blu-Ray, and software files. By doing this all games are updated on the fly whenever you need them to be. To do that, you would need
incredible disk storage space and incredible processor power, video card power, and a LOT of ram.

...?

Seriously, what the fuck does that have to do with the topic?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »

That would be close to impossible to do. A lot of porting actually cannot be automated.

Weavile

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 05:34:47 AM »

I enjoyed how they didn't even feel like fixing all the little bugs the original had. And this was E3 material?

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 01:11:16 PM »

I enjoyed how they didn't even feel like fixing all the little bugs the original had. And this was E3 material?

Welcome to modern programmers/devs.

I agree, they should have spent the extra month or two fixing bugs + rebalancing sections they found out of line, but they didn't. Oh well. :s

smadmead

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 04:01:31 AM »

yeah im sorry. i forgot. i shouldnt have posted that here.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 05:52:24 PM by smadmead »

Coozins

• T-Virus carrier
  • Gonarch
  • What is this? What's going on here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »

No, that's not how it works. You start a topic and try to keep to the topic.

toadie

• Tango Two Kilo
  • Vice Champeen
  • Gonarch
  • I died a little inside...
    • View Profile
    • Toadie's Ranthole on the Interblag
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »

I started this topic, Is should be able to do what I want with it
That isn't how forums work. See how your topic belongs to a subforum or group? That is the decider of what goes on in the topic (along with the topic title). If you want, a moderator can MOVE or split this OFF and move it into a more appropriate section, but this talk abou Engine is Off-topic, off-group and irrelevant. Get back on topic or close the thread, please.

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 04:40:02 AM »

Quit complaining about HL: S, Valve didn't make it to show off and go HEY LOOK GUYS YOU CAN PLAY HL AGAIN WOOO. They released it intially because they just had it laying around after they made it to test how easy it will be to port mods from gold to source. They released it as a fan service, nothing more. You have no right to complain about how buggy it is.

DiamonD

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »

To be honest, I don't have anything to complain about HL:S. With the source port, it makes things alot easier to modify, plus with all the greatness of bumpmaps, higher resolution textures, and other pizazz Source is capable of doing. It's a modders paradise.

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »

Quit complaining about HL: S, Valve didn't make it to show off and go HEY LOOK GUYS YOU CAN PLAY HL AGAIN WOOO. They released it intially because they just had it laying around after they made it to test how easy it will be to port mods from gold to source. They released it as a fan service, nothing more. You have no right to complain about how buggy it is.

We earned the right to start complaining about how buggy and blatantly unfinished it is when they started charging money for it.

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »

We earned the right to start complaining about how buggy and blatantly unfinished it is when they started charging money for it.
While previously HL: S was a bonus for collector edition versions of HL2, people complained so much they had to release it for everyone.

protip: stop complaining

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »

I'll actually knock you out. My main problem with HL:S is that most of the bugs are simple fixes. For example, when you draw weapons, it plays the holster animation of the weapon you're selecting, then plays the draw animation of the weapon you're selecting after, instead of holstering the current and drawing the new. On top of that, I think there's a bug where the flesh gibs make plastic sounds? Something like that, anyway. Things like that could be fixed in literally 2 minutes. D;

THAT'S my problem with it, anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5