HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Special Forces: Source  (Read 3886 times)

Legend017

• Snark
    • View Profile
    • Special Forces: Source
Special Forces: Source
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »

Dawn breaks over the lumber mill. The area is relatively quiet after the evening of inactivity.

The few employees that had been present over night were dispatched without hesitation.

Now, the few automated functions of the facility are warming up for a full day's work. But no one remains to tend the business at hand.

Hidden, well within the compound’s borders, the privately funded militia... or terrorists depending on which side you speak with... has started to build up their defensive perimeters.

They are fully aware that an elite special forces unit has taken a portion of the compound and is already establishing their foothold. The confrontation is approaching...

And then they receive word. A merc is in the facility. He doesn't join the special forces team, but offers to aid them for the right price. No matter. There is no time to worry about the roving soldier of fortune. Only enough time to prepare.

Special Forces Source is a new twist to a classic idea.

It will allow two official teams but a third independent group can choose to help either side they wish... The TOBP concept will allow teams to build up defenses and barricades before the round begins.

More information will follow as the project grows.

Hi guys,

The Special Forces team is looking for more members. we need 3D artists, Concept Artists, Mapper, and a Coders. if anyone is interested in joining this project, email me at legend017@yahoo.com or visit our website here http://www.sfsource.tk/  and here http://sfstudio.tk/ and thank you.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 07:35:55 PM by Legend017 »

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
Re: Make me a mod
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »

What do you already have?

Legend017

• Snark
    • View Profile
Re: Special Forces: Source
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »

I have a Mapper, SFX Artist, and 3d Artist but he not working with us, right now. and am the coder.

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 05:46:22 PM »

What do you already have?

Give him a chance before bitching.

Well at least you already have a team, a website, a concept (not really original, but it's not too bad), some begin of map, some weapons models. Let's say it's an early begin.

May i suggest you don't show too much picture of your stuff that are not finished ? Most of people will think that your mod will be crap or something

edit: are you leading the cat life mod as well ?

2nd edit to change the title of my reply
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:52:59 PM by bloodsurfer »

Legend017

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »

Thanks for the advices, and no my friend leading cat life, i just post on my site.

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 02:54:50 AM »

Give him a chance before bitching.

Well at least you already have a team, a website, a concept (not really original, but it's not too bad), some begin of map, some weapons models. Let's say it's an early begin.

May i suggest you don't show too much picture of your stuff that are not finished ? Most of people will think that your mod will be crap or something

2nd edit to change the title of my reply

Actually, no. It shows that he's got something to show, that they may have talent or something to work with.

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »

Yeah, better to show something than nothing.  Did anyone ever see the early Insurgency pictures?  It looked pretty amateur, but it gave them something which they could build upon and improve.

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 09:17:03 PM »

Maybe i shoud have been a bit more accurate my bad  :P.
What i wanted to say it some things shouldn't be showed, for example the map is obliviously not properly textured and look too empty and you shoud wait a bit before showing some more screenshoot. An other hand weapons look nice and should be showed.

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 11:34:03 PM »

Maybe i shoud have been a bit more accurate my bad  :P.
What i wanted to say it some things shouldn't be showed, for example the map is obliviously not properly textured and look too empty and you shoud wait a bit before showing some more screenshoot. An other hand weapons look nice and should be showed.

AH fair enough, english not first language yes?