HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Still Alive  (Read 17588 times)

KevinLancaster

• Hooray! I'm a
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Still Alive
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 05:55:48 AM »

The HIT default theme is a little bit strange right now.
I'm not sure if it's supposed to look lke this but having boxes around the links seems like some sort of glitch.

[File not found]

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 01:00:44 PM »

The HIT default theme is a little bit strange right now.
I'm not sure if it's supposed to look lke this but having boxes around the links seems like some sort of glitch.
Yep, that's intentional. Mind you, in browsers that support rounded corners (via CSS, not the image method I use in the Half-Life theme, which is different - Firefox, Safari, and Chrome support this), they look slightly better, with the corners slightly smoothed. I gave links that background because the traditional link colour didn't contrast enough with the background, kind of hit the ol' eyes funny a bit. I'm still not really happy with it, but at least it's readable.

Shooter__Andy

• Idea Generator
  • Gargantua
  • ZombieEd. dev.
    • View Profile
    • Shooter__Andy's HomePage (in russian)
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »

A.I., how about concentrating on mods that's going on here? I mean now the site is almost useless. Or no? I really can't see its purpose.

Anton

• -
  • Gonarch
  • -
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 02:19:37 PM »

It serves a simple presentation and gathering spot for simply accessible information concerning their current projects, and even if publicity is not the main point, it still stands as helpfull.

Captain Scarlet

• MAOAM
  • Administrator
  • Alien Grunt
  • HeadcrabMAOAMScarlet
    • View Profile
    • Meh
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »

hmm the link button path has changed as it was http://www.hl-improvement.com/images/links/hitbutton.gif

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 12:39:09 AM »

A.I., how about concentrating on mods that's going on here? I mean now the site is almost useless. Or no? I really can't see its purpose.
It serves a simple presentation and gathering spot for simply accessible information concerning their current projects, and even if publicity is not the main point, it still stands as helpfull.

Anton is right: Having information in a public, easy-to-reach place is quite important. You might be used to interacting with the forum, but not everyone is interested in doing that, or they don't have the time, or a number of other reasons. When you go to a website, you go there looking for something. In our case, it's usually new content for Half-Life. You have to look at this from the point of view of the average user, not just from your own. I'm sorry that you don't see the website as a worthwhile project, but it's quite important to us, if we're to grow.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:54:53 AM by Ambient.Impact »

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 09:42:04 PM »

Nice to see a familiar face around here and good to hear that the projects will be contined :)
BTW: A nice site you built up there. Brings back the good ol' WON feeling.

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
  • Mr. Database! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »

Nice to see a familiar face around here and good to hear that the projects will be contined :)

Yeah I also like the WON themed new style of the homepage!
And it's nice to see you are still around A.I, and great to hear that HIT is still working on HL:E! ;)

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 05:36:21 PM »

Yeah I also like the WON themed new style of the homepage!
And it's nice to see you are still around A.I, and great to hear that HIT is still working on HL:E! ;)

Thanks guys. Yep, things are moving forward (even if pretty slowly), which is better than nothing.

I'm glad you guys like the classic WON style. I always felt that Valve shouldn't have dropped that launcher when they moved to Steam. It had way more character, and was much more interesting than the boring thing they have now. That's the only thing about Steam Half-Life I don't like.

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 09:00:02 PM »

I'm glad you guys like the classic WON style. I always felt that Valve shouldn't have dropped that launcher when they moved to Steam. It had way more character, and was much more interesting than the boring thing they have now. That's the only thing about Steam Half-Life I don't like.

Me too, the WON menu was much better than the STEAM one!
I really love the AVI logo, the buttons, the heads and the splash background.
The splash background has a big plus: It's one BMP file
But it also have a minus: BMP format isn't that good, and it has to be 640x480 pixel

The WON menu was much better to customize for Mods!
All you can customize on the STEAM menu is the Background and the Logo in the left lower corner. :-\
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:53:08 PM by Besli »

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 10:03:54 PM »

All you can customize on the STEAM menu is the Background and the Logo in the left lower corner. :-\
You can also customise the menu on the splash screen. Infact, it is more customisable than the WON menu

Shooter__Andy

• Idea Generator
  • Gargantua
  • ZombieEd. dev.
    • View Profile
    • Shooter__Andy's HomePage (in russian)
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 02:15:52 AM »

You can also customise the menu on the splash screen. Infact, it is more customisable than the WON menu
Oh no it's not. I can redraw EVERY single thing in WON menu, every single thing. All the buttons (including arrows and crosses), all the text, all the colors.

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 05:33:36 AM »

Great, I appear to have started some sort of argument over which menu is/was better.

Me too, the WON menu was much better than the STEAM one!
I really love the AVI logo, the buttons, the heads and the splash background.
The splash background has a big plus: It's one BMP file
But it also have a minus: BMP format isn't that good, and it has to be 460x840 pixel

You're mostly right, Besli. The WON menu's graphics were much more customizable, but the behaviour, order, and commands weren't. Those weren't flexible. At most, all you could do was disable a couple of them, such as the console or multiplayer. Also, you appear to have your resolution digits backwards, it was 640 by 480. :)

Oh no it's not. I can redraw EVERY single thing in WON menu, every single thing. All the buttons (including arrows and crosses), all the text, all the colors.
Slow down there. What Matt was trying to say was that the actual menu items are much more flexible in the Steam version. Not only can you change what they say, but you can also change what they do, and what order they're in. In fact, you can even set up menu items to execute an engine command, like load a map, or set a CVAR. He didn't mean that it was more graphically more customizable than the WON menu.

Now then, can we keep this on topic?

gi777

• headcrabz!!
  • Alien Grunt
  • headcrabz are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 04:14:05 PM »

Why do you, A.I. and Besli keep talking like this about WON and Steam menus :P

anyway, nice too see that you are still making stuff, the cbar looks pretty rad.

Besli

• Mr. Database
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 12:56:13 PM »

Why do you, A.I. and Besli keep talking like this about WON and Steam menus :P

Because of the new Homepage Design! :P

Now that the Homepage is redone the syling of the Forum doesn't fit anymore! ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4