HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Half-Life: Zombie Edition - RELEASED  (Read 11953 times)

Shooter__Andy

• Idea Generator
  • Gargantua
  • ZombieEd. dev.
    • View Profile
    • Shooter__Andy's HomePage (in russian)
Re: Half-Life: Zombie Edition - RELEASED
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 10:00:23 AM »

What about using flesh points to change back to normal zombie and you still have to spend your flesh points on becoming the other class you want to be?
That could be a solution but I can't see why somebody would use this. Now you barely can get all the upgrades, and if you will waste points on removing them...

Cpl. Slider101

• Modeller. Thing.
  • Gargantua
  • I like... stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 11:24:13 AM »

Ya know, I don't mean just randomly changing. I mean if you hop off your regular zombie body and you zombify someone else, you should start off as a normal zombie. Atleast that's my opinion. I still like this mod, it's fun with a bunch of enemies around and watching people get headcrabbed.

Shooter__Andy

• Idea Generator
  • Gargantua
  • ZombieEd. dev.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 11:43:45 AM »

Ya know, I don't mean just randomly changing. I mean if you hop off your regular zombie body and you zombify someone else, you should start off as a normal zombie.
Yeah, it was like that for some time, but then I've decided not to continue that. Maybe not everybody like my decision, but I couldn't make everybody happy, could I?

So, guys, we are planning to recompile and possibly remake all the maps (because of the lack of barnacles and other breeder's stuff mostly), so if you think that there are some places we should remake, like it doesn't look good, ot it has bugs, or it's too hard/too easy to play here, please, tell me about it here.
I think your feedback will be a lot more professional and adequate than on moddb, so I need it to make this mod better.
You can suggest any other things to do too, but I can't promise I would do that.

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »

Yeah, it was like that for some time, but then I've decided not to continue that. Maybe not everybody like my decision, but I couldn't make everybody happy, could I?

So, guys, we are planning to recompile and possibly remake all the maps (because of the lack of barnacles and other breeder's stuff mostly), so if you think that there are some places we should remake, like it doesn't look good, ot it has bugs, or it's too hard/too easy to play here, please, tell me about it here.
I think your feedback will be a lot more professional and adequate than on moddb, so I need it to make this mod better.
You can suggest any other things to do too, but I can't promise I would do that.

TBH, I played the mod I get killed and I didn't want to play again, mostly because of the maps, they are really empty to me and some stuff are out of place (that office with the computer screen bug for example what is it doing here (the office it self I mean)?) and the atmosphere from a map to an other is too different most of the time

Shooter__Andy

• Idea Generator
  • Gargantua
  • ZombieEd. dev.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »

TBH, I played the mod I get killed and I didn't want to play again, mostly because of the maps, they are really empty to me and some stuff are out of place (that office with the computer screen bug for example what is it doing here (the office it self I mean)?) and the atmosphere from a map to an other is too different most of the time
That's exactly what happens if there are two mappers in the mod. If one - his stile will be the same. If three - there will be three different stiles, but nobody would mention that because they will al have some distinctive mod features.
So, again, if you want us to fix or even redo the maps - we can do that since now we don't have strict release date, you just need to list all the places that you think wre done bad.

Gravewrecker

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »

Fully agree with what Andy said, even if not look from RPG side, you mutate in one side, you cant go back.As stated even by HL creators-headcrabs change body forever, nothing can get it back.
I disagree. In HL2 you can shoot headcrabs of the zombies head so they "get back"  ;)

Shooter__Andy

• Idea Generator
  • Gargantua
  • ZombieEd. dev.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »

By the way, we still need voice acotrs so we could explain the storyline better than with one speaker and one radio chat.

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 01:44:01 PM »

I disagree. In HL2 you can shoot headcrabs of the zombies head so they "get back"  ;)

I meant bodies, its dead/mutated to state where you are unable to get him back to life as normal human.

Anton

• -
  • Gonarch
  • -
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 07:51:53 PM »

Actually, the amount of action provided in the normal half-life maps was actually better.

Felt very weird though, as no barney would shoot at me, made those maps sort of easy, but still cool with so much stuff to kill!

Napoleon

• The Fallen Angel's
  • Alien Grunt
  • We are all humans, there are no gods among us.
    • View Profile
    • National Half-Life League
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 08:18:22 PM »

If I have to be honest, I really liked the idea about this mod, and I waited for it to be released... and when the mod came.. I was disappointed...
Don't get me wrong... the mod is fine, but it could be done way better. Oh... and the mod is too short.. that's the saddest thing...

Shooter__Andy

• Idea Generator
  • Gargantua
  • ZombieEd. dev.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 03:33:21 AM »

If I have to be honest, I really liked the idea about this mod, and I waited for it to be released... and when the mod came.. I was disappointed...
Don't get me wrong... the mod is fine, but it could be done way better. Oh... and the mod is too short.. that's the saddest thing...
The real sad thing is that nowadays everybody waiting for mods to be better than official addons. Come on, it has more coding and modelling done than in Blue Shift and there were like four our us doing it. Same thing happens to almost every mod. You guys are wanting too much. I mean. maybe HOE:NE will be long, interesting and of quality in every other aspect (I'm sure it will), but it is a remake, so that means less time to think, more time to work and compare our teams - even not mention we aren't that skilled. For me, by the way, it was my first mod. And the timespan. I didn't want to delay the mod because of maps or anything, because I wasn't sure we will make it to the end. Many mods died because of that.

I mean, maybe you're right and that COULD be "done way better", but I don't think so. Maybe it couldn't and you were just expecting more than you must have?
"We are all humans, there are no gods among us."

Why do I think so? Because every negative post here has almost no costructiveness in it. Either it says "it's boring" or "it could be done better". Okay, I agree, it is short. But short != bad. I agree, maps could be done better, but ffs, thay aren't boxes with boxes in them, while 95% of mods has that called "maps". And bugs. But who doesn't have bugs? So you're just saying you are dissapointed. Fine.

I hope you all will get my point.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:41:24 AM by Shooter__Andy »
Pages: 1 2 [3]